Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Waiting For Inspiration To Strike

Aaaah... procrastination.  The simple act of putting something off.  Usually we spend more effort NOT doing a particular activity than we would have spent actually doing what we are supposed to be doing.  I have kilns to fill, pots to throw, some new designs just begging to be tried, and oh, let's not leave out the daily activities of a working husband and home owner.  So the obvious solution is to sit down and write about all the stuff I'm not doing!
   I went to the park for my evening walk with the full intention of using the time to clear my head and focus on what project to finish first.  Instead of narrowing the list, I actually added a new idea for a chess set, a wall sculpture, and some really cool bowl ideas.  It wasn't a complete loss.  I did get to witness a two foot toddler make his mother run nearly the length of the park.  It was quite amazing!  He was looking backwards and taking four steps for every one of his mom's, yet she was hardly gaining!  I'm not sure if her seeing me laugh was partially responsible for her anger when she finally caught him, but obviously she needed to see it from my perspective.  I mean damn, that little dude could move! 
   Did my trip to the park inspire me?  Nope.  But it sure made me glad we never had children!  And I bet that woman was inspired to look into re-purposing Fido's shock collar for use on Jr.  But there's always tomorrow; one day closer to the deadline.
     "Glass Half Full" analogy for the day-  He who procrastinates all the time never runs out of anything to do, thus warding off boredom!  See, there's good in everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment